An evolution tackling harsh winter conditions
Insisting on "Safety First", Federal Tire has developed and revealed its latest winter tire: the Himalaya WS2. Tests have verified that the Himalaya WS2 demonstrated outstanding performance that far exceeded the requirements of the North American Rubber Manufacturer's SSS ratings (Severe Snow Service). In addition, it bears the Alpine Symbol and M+S marking. The Himalaya WS2 is created to withstand extremely harsh winter weather conditions and will impress you with its excellent performance and stability on ice/snow/wet roads. We at Federal Tire are confident that the Himalaya WS2 will meet all your demands for the highest standard of safety. Featuring upgraded tread compounds and sophisticated tread pattern design, the Himalaya WS2 will offer unparalleled drainage and steering performance with dramatically reduced noise. For the first time, Himalaya WS2 will be available in two different versions: studded and non-studded.
- Intersecting main grooves design provides the ice/snow grip and traction needed for the tire to travel on snow covered roads and improved noise performance.
- V-shaped groove design enhances the rigidity of the tread pattern to reduce uneven tread wear under high load.
- Multiple pitch arrangements tested through computer simulations to ensure precise steering and reduced noise while driving on ice/snow.
- Wide center rib offers excellent water drainage on wet surfaces.
- Zig-Zag blade increases contact area to snowy surface and enhances grip.