The ADVAN A048 is Yokohama´s Streetable Track & Competition racing tire developed for drivers who participate in autocross competition, high-performance driving schools, lapping days and circuit-type club racing, as well as are Original Equipment (O.E.) on the Lotus Elise and Exige. The ADVAN A048 is designed to take Yokohama´s advanced racing technology to a new level in DOT-approved tire performance by delivering precise control, sure-footed braking and predictable grip.
- ADVAN A048 radials meet DOT requirements, however they are not recommended for driving in wet conditions, where standing water is present and there is the risk of hydroplaning; drivers should drive cautiously at reduced speeds if they encounter these conditions.
- Important Care And Usage Instructions: The ADVAN A048 was developed using high performance compounds which become brittle at low temperatures, and therefore should not be used in certain conditions. ADVAN A048 tires thus must be stored or used only at temperatures at or above 14°F (-10°C) to maintain performance characteristics and to avoid any damage to the tire or injury to persons or property.
- The ADVAN A048 molds race-ready tread compound(s) (offering Medium or Medium-Hard choices in many sizes) that can be used to match the tire´s capabilities to vehicle weight and performance, as well as track conditions and ambient temperatures. It features a single block tread design that increases tread stiffness and features a wide center area that stays in continuous contact with the track to enhance cornering stability, on-center feel and steering response.
- The tire´s internal structure includes twin steel belts reinforced with spirally wrapped nylon cap plies and belt edge strips.
- The belt package is placed on top of a rounded casing design that allows the tire to predictably handle transitions from straight-line travel to high g-force cornering and back.
- ADVAN A048 tires are molded with 6/32" of tread depth in their grooves and are left unshaved for use on damp tracks. We suggest shaving ADVAN A048 tires, to approximately 4/32" of tread depth, to begin competitive road racing/track use in dry conditions.
- ADVAN A048´s directional tread design and symmetric internal construction allows remounting partially worn tires inside-out on their wheels to help prolong their life.