The AVID ENVigor ZPS (Zero Pressure System) is Yokohama´s High Performance All-Season run-flat radial developed to meet the year-round driving needs of sports car, coupe and sedan drivers. With the ability to provide temporary extended mobility for a distance of up to 50 miles at 50 mph in the event a puncture allows complete air pressure loss, AVID ENVigor ZPS tires are designed to combine performance, comfort and treadlife along with year-round traction, even on light snow-covered roads.
- The AVID ENVigor ZPS radial´s all-season silica tread compound is molded into an optimized contact patch featuring a five-rib directional pattern that blends performance with all-season traction.
- Linked shoulder blocks and a continuous tapered center rib increase tread rigidity to improve straight-line tracking and handling.
- Independent intermediate blocks, angled grooves and adaptive 3D sipes enhance wet traction, help resist hydroplaning and promote traction in light snow.
- The AVID ENVigor ZPS radial´s internal structure features twin steel belts reinforced by joint less nylon belt covers and belt edge strips that are spirally wound to provide long-term integrity under demanding conditions while they reduce tire weight and promote more uniform ride quality.
- Two rayon cord body plies help provide predictable handling while Yokohama´s ZPS sidewall reinforcement can temporarily support the vehicle´s weight even after a puncture allows a complete loss of air pressure.