With the iceGUARD iG51v, we have engineered a tire for SUVs and trucks that is adept in every winter condition. Whether it is ice, slush or snow, the iceGUARD iG51v is equipped with Yokohama´s advanced technology to provide a unique tread compound and design for optimum performance you can count on.
- The properties of our high density compound allow for a more stable tread block, providing optimized road contact and longer, more even wear.
- INTERLOCKING 3D SIPES and ADAPTIVE 3D SIPES work in tandem to maximize surface area, creating the ultimate edge to enhance stability and grip on icy surfaces.
- ZIG ZAG CIRCUMFERENTIAL GROOVES feature a 3D-shaped wall to pack and expel snow, creating optimum contact between the tire and the road.
- DUAL ACTION SHOULDER GROOVE has a zig-zag shape at the top to stabilize the blocks and create the ideal edge for slush and snow grip, while the lower part of the groove is straight to evacuate water.
- SLUSH GROOVES are horizontally placed between tread blocks to disperse slush and snow.
- VARIABLE ANGLE CENTER RIB has a severe, maximized angle variation which increases block rigidity and stability in dry weather conditions.