Racing heritage. Retro look. Updated with UNI-T technology. Today's Firehawk Wide Oval is a lot more tire than it once was. Now, performance is ultra high. Turns are tight. Handling is precise. Traction is exceptional in both wet and dry conditions. The Wide Oval has been inspired by the track. This time, it's ready to rule the road.
- Innovative Tire Design - A Comprehensive Tire Design Method.This method improves handling in wet or dry conditions and reduces irregular treadwear by combining an ideal tread design, casing shape, materials and construction.
- Innovative Roundness- Roundness Is Better.Rounder overall tire shape provides better balance for wet or dry handling.
- Innovative Compound- Longer Is Stronger.L.L. Carbon utilizes a special form of molecular re-engineered carbon black, a key factor in improving tire wear while enhancing wet performance.
- Silica.Tread rubber compound reinforced with Silica enhances traction, especially in cold, wet weather when conventional rubber compounds can get brittle and lose grip.
- Consistent Surface Contact (C.S.C) C.S.C., a pattern of tread blocks designed for uniform contact pressure, improves dry and wet handling, reduces irregular wear, and results in better ride comfort.
- Spiral Wrap.Spiral Wrap is a continuous nylon wrap that encircles the whole tire, helping the tire hold its original shape to improve high speed capability.
- Weather Grip HP Tread Compound.This is a special performance tread compound formulation containing SBR and L.L. Carbon in a blend designed to promote long-wearing durability and outstanding wet performance without sacrificing dry performance.